API is a great place to work. Just ask any of our employees. We are a privately held, family-owned company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a diverse, global team. We take pride in the products we make for our customers, many of which are industry leaders.
Full-time employees of API are eligible to receive a range of options for employer subsidized health insurance, vision and dental, as well as a 401(k) program, bonus pay and paid time off.
Click here to apply to any position with a resume and cover letter.
See below for current openings in API North America.
Automated Precision Inc. is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At the corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD we are currently seeking to add to the team an Electro-Optics Manufacturing Production Engineer
The Ideal Candidate Will:
be hired to work in the area of electronics, optics, and optoelectronics. We are looking for a candidate who can support interdisciplinary projects in production with expertise in optoelectronics. This position requires working closely with the R&D Engineering and Production teams covering company’s current technologies related to metrology and measurement instruments.
- Complete the product design, analysis and development of mechanical components, systems and equipment, including assembly and part drawings as well as other required documentation from design concept to manufacturing release, for high precision metrology products
- Confirm fabrication, assembly and installation processes
- Organize and maintain product Bill of Materials and Bill of operations
- Monitor product assembly procedures for production processes
- Works with R&D on process transfer
- Mentor junior engineers through process, design, analysis, etc.
The Requirements Are:
B.S degree (minimum requirement) in EE (preferred), physics, optics, photonics
- Knowledge in numerical analysis
- Knowledge in fiber optics and light detection is a plus
- Knowledge in electronics, schematics,
- Demonstrated accomplishments in projects is a plus
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis capability (CAPA)
Preferred skills, licenses/certifications
- Programming experience in Matlab or Python
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Instrument knowledge: oscilloscope, DMM, frequency counters, soldering, crimping
- Interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Sense of urgency and working well under pressure
- Excellent communication and documentation
Must have a “can-do” approach to every challenge and be a problem solver
Must be able to communicate openly and effectively with a diverse group of professionals
Ihr Aufgabengebiet wird sein:
- Durchführung von Messdienstleistung im Bereich der industriellen Messtechnik
- Durchführung von Hard- und Softwareschulungen
- Installation unserer Systeme beim Kunden und Betreuung bis zum erfolgreichen Projektabschluss
- Kundensupport bei messtechnischen und anwendungsspezifischen Fragen
- Vertriebsunterstützung bei Produktpräsentationen
- Testen von Software und Geräten
Folgende Qualifikationen sollten Sie mitbringen:
- eine abgeschlossene technische Ausbildung/Studium mit Schwerpunkt der dreidimensionalen Messtechnik (Vermessung, Maschinenbau oder vergleichbar)
- idealerweise Kenntnisse im Bereich Industrievermessung
- eine ausgeprägte Kundenorientierung
- eigenständiges Arbeiten
- sehr gute Englischkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift
Weltweit unterstützen Lösungen und Systeme von API Unternehmen in den wesentlichen Prozessen der 3D-Messtechnik und der produktionsbegleitenden Qualitätssicherung. Unsere Kunden nutzen unsere laserbasierten portablen Messsysteme für nahezu alle Bereiche der dimensionellen Messtechnik. API ́s Kunden finden sich insbesondere im Maschinen- und Fahrzeugbau, in der Luft- und Raumfahrtindustrie sowie in der Energietechnik und im Forschungsbereich.
Wenn Sie diese Stelle interessiert, bewerben Sie sich bitte mit aussagekräftigen Bewerbungsunterlagen und unter Angabe Ihres frühesten Eintrittstermins, vorzugsweise per Email. firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Job
Automated Precision Inc. (API) is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At the service center in Plymouth, MI we are currently seeking to add to the team an Inside Sales Representative.
Our Inside Sales Representative will aggressively prospect and develop accounts, generate sales quotes and handle customer inquiries. Your ability to break into new market initiatives through cold and warm calls while becoming technically knowledgeable about our highly technical products and solutions, support 5 Regional Sales Managers located throughout North America. Understanding of Metrology products is not required, This is an excellent entry to a sales career. Maintaining a CRM database and communicating with Regional Managers is required.
Recognition for your competitive drive for success
Empowerment and flexibility to manage your sales desk
Competitive base salary plus a quarterly bonus program
Industry leading benefits; pension, 401(k), medical/dental, PTO
Opportunities for career growth with an industry leader
Sense of urgency and the ability to make decisions and be responsible for them
Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions
Customer focused with proven abilities to provide world class customer service
Team player with ability to collaborate with internal and external customers
Comfortable and confident with cold calls and business development leads
Previous related experience a plus
Automated Precision Inc. innovates advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team are unmatched un its ability to create advanced instruments that meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries (www.apisensor.com). At the corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD we are currently seeking to add for a Marketing Manager.
Role: Perform duties to provide Marketing and Sales support. Assist the design and technical writing of website, press releases, e-mail blasts, ad copy, and other marketing collateral. Brand experience in developing overall message and vision through a wide range of customer touches.
- Lead Marketing Department or segment in overall strategy and vision to design and write all sales collateral for very technical products. Develop yearly plan including budget for advertising, media, collateral, promotions, etc.
- Lead a Marketing team to effectively achieve goals
- Develop and execute trade show strategies to maximize return on investment
- Work with customers and major trade publications to develop user stories, articles, press releases, and new product launches providing ongoing customer touches that help close sales
- Develop and help execute e-mail blast marketing campaigns from start to finish based on current sales promotions
- Help write and design sales tools such as PowerPoint presentations, videos, webinars, brochures, and sales scripts explaining highly technical ideas in laymen’s terms
- Must demonstrate effective proof reading skills
- Must meet deadlines and prioritize and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Must be a team player who interacts at all employee levels from the board room to the factory floor
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations, as required or directed to maintain workflow and meet production schedules and requirements
- Maintain safe work areas and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain a level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies
- Make and distribute authorized modifications as required
- Develop and improve SEO/SEM strategy to improve website traffic and Google click-through rate
- Manage Marketing messaging and branding guidelines globally
- Write and create Case Studies based on customer’s technical applications
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree & 2-5 Years Experience
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and be self-driven to manage tasks
- Knowledge of general marketing tactics, ad campaigns, and brand awareness strategies to help sharpen company message and drive sales.
- Comfortable with computers and general aptitude with technology and technical writing
- Excellent communications skills written and oral
- Familiarity with graphic arts programs such as Illustrator, In Design or Photoshop
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Some Familiarity with web editing programs helpful
- Some Familiarity with video editing programs like Adobe Premier, Final Cut, After Effects etc. helpful
- Experience with Marketing automation systems (Marketo, Act-On, etc.)
- Familiarity with CRM Systems and customer touch points throughout sales process