Positioning accuracy is one of the most important characteristics of industrial robots. API technology is well-adept for calibrating robotics, or creating automation programs to measure and track their movements. Both the Radian and Omnitrac 2 laser trackers are among the smallest and most portable in their class. This allows them to be mounted in tight spaces or at an angle to achieve the greatest measuring area. API’s Active Target allows the laser beam to never miss its mark.
API also offers innovative measuring technology that calibrates and compensates movement in real-time across all six degrees of movement.
Robotics applications are critical in:
- High tolerance production
- Automotive manufacturing and inspection
- Aerospace manufacturing and inspection
- Heavy equipment manufacturing and inspection
- Windmill blade manufacturing