API is a great place to work. Just ask any of our employees. We are a privately held, family-owned company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a diverse, global team. We take pride in the products we make for our customers, many of which are industry leaders.
Full-time employees of API are eligible to receive a range of options for employer subsidized health insurance, vision and dental, as well as a 401(k) program, bonus pay and paid time off.
Click here to apply to any position with a resume and cover letter.
See below for current openings in API North America.
Ihr Aufgabengebiet wird sein:
- Durchführung von Messdienstleistung im Bereich der industriellen Messtechnik
- Durchführung von Hard- und Softwareschulungen
- Installation unserer Systeme beim Kunden und Betreuung bis zum erfolgreichen Projektabschluss
- Kundensupport bei messtechnischen und anwendungsspezifischen Fragen
- Vertriebsunterstützung bei Produktpräsentationen
- Testen von Software und Geräten
Folgende Qualifikationen sollten Sie mitbringen:
- eine abgeschlossene technische Ausbildung/Studium mit Schwerpunkt der dreidimensionalen Messtechnik (Vermessung, Maschinenbau oder vergleichbar)
- idealerweise Kenntnisse im Bereich Industrievermessung
- eine ausgeprägte Kundenorientierung
- eigenständiges Arbeiten
- sehr gute Englischkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift
Weltweit unterstützen Lösungen und Systeme von API Unternehmen in den wesentlichen Prozessen der 3D-Messtechnik und der produktionsbegleitenden Qualitätssicherung. Unsere Kunden nutzen unsere laserbasierten portablen Messsysteme für nahezu alle Bereiche der dimensionellen Messtechnik. API ́s Kunden finden sich insbesondere im Maschinen- und Fahrzeugbau, in der Luft- und Raumfahrtindustrie sowie in der Energietechnik und im Forschungsbereich.
Wenn Sie diese Stelle interessiert, bewerben Sie sich bitte mit aussagekräftigen Bewerbungsunterlagen und unter Angabe Ihres frühesten Eintrittstermins, vorzugsweise per Email. email@example.com
Automated Precision Inc. innovates advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team are unmatched on its ability to create advanced instruments that meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries (www.apisensor.com). At the service center in Plymouth, MI we are currently seeking to add for a Marketing Manager.
Role: Perform duties to provide Marketing and Sales support. Assist the design and technical writing of website, press releases, e-mail blasts, ad copy, and other marketing collateral. Brand experience in developing overall message and vision through a wide range of customer touches.
- Lead Marketing Department or segment in overall strategy and vision to design and write all sales collateral for very technical products. Develop yearly plan including budget for advertising, media, collateral, promotions, etc.
- Lead a Marketing team to effectively achieve goals
- Develop and execute trade show strategies to maximize return on investment
- Work with customers and major trade publications to develop user stories, articles, press releases, and new product launches providing ongoing customer touches that help close sales
- Develop and help execute e-mail blast marketing campaigns from start to finish based on current sales promotions
- Help write and design sales tools such as PowerPoint presentations, videos, webinars, brochures, and sales scripts explaining highly technical ideas in laymen’s terms
- Must demonstrate effective proof reading skills
- Must meet deadlines and prioritize and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Must be a team player who interacts at all employee levels from the board room to the factory floor
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations, as required or directed to maintain workflow and meet production schedules and requirements
- Maintain safe work areas and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain a level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies
- Make and distribute authorized modifications as required
- Develop and improve SEO/SEM strategy to improve website traffic and Google click-through rate
- Manage Marketing messaging and branding guidelines globally
- Write and create Case Studies based on customer’s technical applications
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree & 5+ years of marketing experience
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and be self-driven to manage tasks
- Knowledge of general marketing tactics, ad campaigns, and brand awareness strategies to help sharpen company message and drive sales.
- Comfortable with computers and general aptitude with technology and technical writing
- Excellent communications skills written and oral
- Familiarity with graphic arts programs such as Illustrator, In Design or Photoshop
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Some Familiarity with web editing programs helpful
- Some Familiarity with video editing programs like Adobe Premier, Final Cut, After Effects etc. helpful
- Experience with Marketing automation systems (Marketo, Act-On, etc.)
- Familiarity with CRM Systems and customer touch points throughout sales process
Automated Precision Inc. is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At the corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD we are currently seeking to add to the team a
Robotics Modelling Engineer
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast paced, creative environment. Join the team of mechanical engineer of precision metrology instruments, who research product ideas, develop concepts and take products from initial design, including mechanical design, calibration method development, prototyping, through production and post production support. The ideal candidate will develop sensor calibration method and system kinematics modeling for system calibration to ensure the accuracy of the designed products, and conduct system accuracy test. The engineer will work closely with engineers from electronics, optics, software and other R&D groups.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong Math Skills. Familiarity with 3D Geometry and Coordinate Transformation
- Familiarity with system Kinematics Modeling
- Familiarity with Matlab coding
- Familiar with C++ coding
- Experienced in using SolidWorks and AutoCAD for Mechanical Design is a plus
- Understanding with Sensor Calibration is a plus
- At least MS. Degree in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering or closely related Engineering major
- Hands-on experience in precision instrument or test and measurement industry is a plus
Automated Precision Inc. is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At our Detroit Center in Plymouth, MI, we are currently seeking to add to the team an Application Engineer.
The applicant must be willing to travel extensively to customer sites, work scheduled overtime and weekends. Trips home provided between jobs (typically at least once per month). Willing to train motivated candidates with vocational, surveying or engineering background, and a desire to learn and become proficient in the metrology industry. Positions available for all levels of experience and education. Candidates must live within 25 miles of a major US international airport.
As an Application Engineer, your main responsibilities include:
- Providing expert metrology services (with Laser Trackers, Scanners, Portable CMM’s, Total Stations, etc. with user software) at customer’s sites with limited to no supervision.
- Generating customer reports and other data supporting your work at customer sites. Provide expense and labor reports in a timely fashion to our administrative to support billing.
- Supporting your Regional Sales Manager by assisting to perform weekly onsite demonstrations and customer meetings.
- Identifying potential applications in every account that are most suited for our products and services and communicating to the appropriate personnel
- Establishing very close working rapport with our customers and you must have a strong desire to support our valued customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires up to 75% travel and working at customer sites. Customer sites include work around industrial, mechanical and electrical equipment, as well as use of hand or power tools. Approximately 25% of the work is at API office or a home office.
Automated Precision Inc. is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At the corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD we are currently seeking to add to the team a Senior Software Engineer.
Candidate will be responsible for overall development of application software for Metrology devices.
Design, develop and maintain software development kit for various metrology devices manufactured in API.
Coordinate with diverse teams to integrate new hardware and provide interface layers to build SDK.
Work with third party software teams to integrate the device and functionalities by assisting in plugin development through SDKs.
Establish custom protocol for control systems in a metrology device for low level interfacing with hardware
Develop utility/calibration software for in-house production.
Develop scripts to test functionality of new modules for prototyping.
Work with and establish system level testing of the device software for release.
Periodically revise and release the SDKs and application enhancements.
Be part of regular code review, documenting and following and/or test procedures.
UI design using QT framework, graphics development, and programming.
Work alongside SW development and test engineers as part of an agile process.
University degree in Electrical Electronics or Computer Science
Fully proficient in English with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Commendable knowledge of programming languages: C, C++ and C#
Proven capabilities in object oriented programming and design pattern
Minimum 3 yrs. experience in system software development for scientific or industrial environment.
Minimum 3 yrs. experience with Win32 and other core windows APIs
Experience building software using MFC, WPF and QT platform.
Experience working in an environment close to embedded systems is a major plus.
Minimum 3 yrs. Experience in an event based, multi-threaded programming and asynchronous IPCs is a must.
Should be well versed in writing modules for various hardware interface layers using TCP/IP, RS232, USB
Experience using debugging tools like Windbg, GDB, Wireshark
Experience using libraries like OpenCV, BOOST, JSON and XML parsers.
Minimum 1-year experience in using scripting languages like Python
Knowledge of sensor systems and some amount of microcontroller based code debugging is very helpful.
Experience developing commercially distributable Software Development Kits for various control systems is a major plus.
Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles
Experience using code repository like SVN and coordinating with team using Microsoft team server foundation.