API is a great place to work. Just ask any of our employees. We are a privately held, family-owned company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a diverse, global team. We take pride in the products we make for our customers, many of which are industry leaders.
Full-time employees of API are eligible to receive a range of options for employer subsidized health insurance, vision and dental, as well as a 401(k) program, bonus pay and paid time off.
Click here or email email@example.com to apply to any position with a resume and cover letter.
See below for current openings in API.
We are an Innovative Manufacturing and R&D Instrumentation company in search of a Business Development Manager who will have responsibility for the strategic product planning and business development of our state-of-the art portfolio. He/she also must execute business growth throughout the product life-cycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Business Development Manager also ensures that the product supports the company’s overall goals and strategic direction.
Defining the overall product strategy and road-map.
Achieve annual new business order bookings and shipment revenues per approved budget.
Support the development of Marketing Requirement Documents and Product Requirement Documents for the business.
Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
To be an authority understanding competitive strategy and product portfolio.
Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product & business.
Oversee product demos to key accounts.
Set pricing to meet industry norms while conforming to business revenue and profitability goals.
Deliver a monthly revenue and expense budget and forecast for the product portfolio.
Develop sales tools and collateral.
Brief and train the sales force and regions at periodic sales meetings.
Drive business growth for the products within the company through all regional geographic operations.
Represent the company as a spokesperson for the product line with C-level management, professional and industrial associations, and at trade shows.
Research and develop strategies and plans which identify marketing opportunities, direct marketing, and new project development.
Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
Plan and coordinate all public communications efforts.
Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
Participate in the development of new project proposals.
Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skill, & Requirements
Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations. Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful public relations efforts.
Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time-frames and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
Master’s Degree in Engineering/Physics/Business preferred and seven years of experience in a senior-level sales and/or marketing management position.
Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule/global travel.
Automated Precision Inc. is a global leader providing advanced metrology solutions for industries such as automotive, aerospace, machine tool, energy, and shipbuilding. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in creating and delivering innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager for our Northwest region:
- Prepare a sales strategy for your region
- Identify key networks and contacts that will help initiate relationships into customer organizations
- Identify and communicate challenges for selling in the region
- Call on new and existing customers and promote our products
- Prepare proposal offerings for products and services offered by the company
- Ability to effectively demonstrate equipment and software
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Effective communicator both internally to the company and externally to your customers
- Facilitate and lead meetings between the company and the customers
- Align technical and/or business personnel between the company and the customer
- Experience with Laser Tracker, Photogrammetry Systems, Laser Scanners and/or Total Stations
- LOCATION: 75 Miles from Seattle WA
- Metrology Services experience
- 2-4 years of sales experience
- Business or Engineering degree
- Ability to navigate through 3rd party software being offered with the company’s products (Spatial Analyzer, Verisurf, and/or Polyworks)
Automated Precision Inc. is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At our Michigan Center in Plymouth, MI, we are currently seeking to add to the team a Systems Engineer.
As a Systems Engineer, your main responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Setting up demo systems, targets and fixtures for automatic robotic scanning solutions.
- Performing application testing of API products/solutions and providing detailed analytical reports to the product management group.
- Supporting sales teams by expert metrology product demonstrations (with Laser Trackers, Scanners, Portable CMMs, automated robotic measurement solutions, etc.) and technical discussions in API offices or at customers’ sites, with limited to no supervision.
- Reviewing customer projects for compatibility with existing API products and solutions.
- Performing engineering benchmark studies in the office and at the customer sites.
- Providing installations and training of automated inspection solutions for customer pilot projects.
- Helping to generate documents in the area of testing, installing, training and troubleshooting of API products and solutions.
- Learning and applying to integrate API technology with other equipment such as robots, CMMs, and PLCs.
- Representing API in a positive manner with all customers at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Experience working with robots, PLCs, scanners, and/or metrology products.
- Experience of working industrial manufacturing and/or quality management environment.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Assemblies, fixturing, tooling, industrial automation.
- Able to read and understand control, mechanical and electrical drawings and diagrams.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of GD&T preferred.
This position may require up to 50% travel and working at customer sites. Customer sites include work around industrial, mechanical and electrical equipment, as well as use of hand or power tools.
Ihr Aufgabengebiet wird sein:
- Durchführung von Messdienstleistung im Bereich der industriellen Messtechnik
- Technische Betreuung unsere Kunden bis zum erfolgreichen Projektabschluss sowie Installation unserer Systeme vor Ort
- Kundensupport bei messtechnischen und anwendungsspezifischen Fragen
- Hard- und Softwareschulungen
- Unterstützung der Produktentwicklung
Folgende Qualifikationen sollten Sie mitbringen:
- eine abgeschlossene technische Ausbildung/Studium mit Schwerpunkt der dreidimensionalen Messtechnik (Vermessung, Maschinenbau oder vergleichbar)
- idealerweise praktische Erfahrung im Umgang mit 3D-Messtechnik (Laser Tracker, Messarm, Laser Scanner, KMG, …)
- Kundenorientiertes, souveränes und professionelles Auftreten
- Organisationsvermögen und Fähigkeit zur Aufgabenplanung
- gute Deutsch- und Englischkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift
- hohe Reisebereitschaft
- Kenntnisse im Umgang mit Robotern sind wünschenwert
Wir bieten Ihnen:
- Mitarbeit in einem hochmotivierten internationalen Team
- Abwechslungsreiches Aufgabengebiet
- Eigenverantwortliches, selbständiges Arbeiten
- attraktives Gehalt
- Dienstwagen auch zur Privatnutzung
- Möglichkeit des Home-Offices
- Interne Karrieremöglichkeit
Wenn Sie interessiere an einer vielseitigen Tätigkeit haben, bitten wir Sie um Zusendung Ihrer Aussagefähigen Bewerbungsunterlagen per E-Mail unter Angabe Ihrer Gehaltsvorstellung und Ihres frühesten Eintrittstermins.
Automated Precision Inc. (API) is a world leader in coordinate measurement solutions. Leading the metrology industry through innovation, API products are used by many of the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers.
At the corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD we are currently seeking to add a Junior Computer Vision Software Engineer. The candidate will be hired to work on 3D metrology software application development and SDK development to support our laser tracker and accessories. The candidate will also involve in computer vision algorithm development to support our advanced automatic non-contact inspection system and technology.
- Develop and test advanced hardware systems based on computer vision technology that created for industrial inspection automation
- Develop 3D visualization application and SDK for laser tracker and non-contact measurement devices
- Perform sensor performance benchmarking and analyses to support engineering decisions
- Determine project specifications and project schedule by studying product requirements and specifications, calculating time requirements and sequencing project elements
- Assist in installation and running of product demonstrations
- Debugging with no additional support
- Participate in design reviews and create technical documentation
- Strong C/C++ software and programming skills and object-oriented analysis and design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with computer vision application including 3D computer vision, multiple view geometry, object detection, tracking & recognition
- Experience using OpenCV for computer vision and image analysis algorithm development
- Experience with Windows/Visual Studio/MFC
- Experience with Socket programming and IPC
- Experience in an event-based, multi-threaded programming and asynchronous IPCs
- Experience with PCL and 3D depth sensors
- Experience in using libraries, BOOST, JSON and XML parsers.
- Experience using debugging tools like Windbg, GDB
- C#/WPF application development experience
- SVN/VS Team Service
- Experience in writing modules for various hardware interface layers using TCP/IP, RS232, USB