API is a great place to work. Just ask any of our employees. We are a privately held, family-owned company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a diverse, global team. We take pride in the products we make for our customers, many of which are industry leaders.
Full-time employees of API are eligible to receive a range of options for employer subsidized health insurance, vision and dental, as well as a 401(k) program, bonus pay and paid time off.
Click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply to any position with a resume and cover letter.
See below for current openings in API.
About the Job
Based in Rockville, MD, Automated Precision, Inc. (API) is a fast growth high technology company that specializes in developing the industry metrology solution. Our team consists of the most talented Mechanical, Electrical, Optical Hardware Engineers, Embedded System Engineers, Application Software Engineers and Mathematicians.
We are expanding the R&D team to serve the company growth. Embedded System Engineer is playing the very critical role in next generation product development, strong C/C++ and embedded RTOS/Linux skills are required for this position and good understanding on FPGA and MPU hardware will enhance your capability to develop the firmware and software.
Work independently or as a team member to design, build, test and troubleshoot hardware and software for our Laser Tracker control system and its accessory devices.
- Program embedded (C/C++) applications for DSP/ARM core processors, on bare-metal, RTOS, or Linux-based operating system.
- Continuously improve and maintain our current firmware/SDK code base.
- Design and development next generation control hardware/software system.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines in planning, design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware reliability and performance.
- Write test plans and test cases, conduct unit integration and system-level testing.
- Design and development test utilities software to facilitate a robustness of our control system.
What You Need for this Position
- Master degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 2+ years of embedded system hardware/software development.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Experience writing/debugging multi-process/multi-threaded applications.
- Knowledge of data structure and algorithms.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience with bare metal and device driver programming, Board Support Packages (BSP) and boot-up process.
- Familiar with one or more architectures (ARM, x86/64, MIPS, DSP, etc.), and knowledge of assembly code and register manipulation.
- Familiar with peripheral interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART, Ethernet, etc.
- Familiar with communication protocols such as TCP/IP, USB.
- Knowledge of industrial Ethernet-based fieldbus, such as EtherCAT or Profibus is preferred.
- Understanding of signal processing technique and control theory is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of FPGA development and Verilog/VHDL.
- Experience with Xilinx Zynq SoC development preferred.
Experience with cross platform development and debugging.
Automated Precision Inc. is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products and services are used by leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. Now is the right time to come help us grow! We are looking for entry level Service Engineers to join the API team. If you are looking for a full-time position, with high growth potential, this may be the opportunity for you.
We are willing to train the right candidates to use our precision instruments and software to support customers throughout North America.
We offer an excellent training program that begins in our Rockville, MD headquarters, where you will learn the technical details of using our world class equipment and the best practices associated with metrology equipment. Then you will be paired with best in class Field Engineers to gain hands on experience. We have a comprehensive compensation and benefit package including 401(k) match opportunities and an attractive Paid Time Off plan. This is a hands-on opportunity to get real work experience while learning from some of the best in the field of metrology!
Minimum Required Experience/Skills:
Associates Degree in a technical field or High School Diploma with 2+ years of test/metrology experience.
Must be self-motivated, highly accountable and achievement motivated.
Have the ability to read design drawings and schematics.
Be Flexible to changing priorities.
Willing to relocate.
Must be able to travel to locations across the US, work overtime and weekends as needed.
Have Excellent communication skills, capacity to interact with customers and understand verbal and written instructions.
Able to lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Automated Precision Inc. is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At the corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD we are currently seeking to add to the team a Quality Assurance Inspector.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify solutions.
Recognize the importance of common goals and successes.
Be excited about hands on involvement with production operations.
The Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of raw materials, in-process materials and finished goods.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits. Investigate or report questionable test results.
- Confirms in-process production specifications are being conformed to by conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Monitor testing procedures to ensure that all tests are performed according to established item specifications, standard test methods, or protocols. Will help to develop testing protocols.
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions.
- Completes documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, logbooks, or inventory forms.
- Evaluate analytical methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved.
- Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Communicates quality goals and requirements by preparing and disseminating standards, metrics, SOP’s, production records and documentation.
- Trains others on quality relevant topics.
The Requirements Are:
- Two-year technical degree w/1 year QA/QC experience or a minimum of 3 years QA/QC experience in a production environment in lieu of technical degree.
- Experience with quality systems such as ISO, TQM, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing.
- Must have a “can-do” approach to every challenge and be a problem solver.
- Must be able to articulate verbally and in writing to clarify and resolve problems on all products.
Automated Precision Inc. is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At the corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD we are currently seeking to add to the team a Manufacturing Technician – Mechanical Assembly.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify solutions
- Recognize the importance of common goals and successes
- Be excited about hands on involvement with production operations
The Responsibilities May Include:
- Inspect and test mechanical installations, assemblies for operation and record results.
- Assemble support structures. Install components, units, sub-assemblies, wiring, and assembly casings using rivets, bolts, soldering and micro-welding equipment.
- Adjust, repair, or replace mechanical component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Clean parts with cleaning solutions, air hoses and cloths.
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, and reports to determine materials requirements and assembly instructions.
- Mark and tag components so that stock inventory can be tracked and identified.
- Position, align, and adjust work pieces and parts to facilitate wiring and assembly.
- Pack finished assemblies for shipment and transport them to storage areas.
- Confer with supervisors or engineers to plan and review work activities, and to resolve production problems.
- Explain assembly procedures or techniques to other workers.
The Requirements Are:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience in mechanical assembly
- Basic knowledge of using measuring instruments and mechanical tools
- Experience with quality systems such as ISO, TQM, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing
- Experience with mechanical, electrical and electronic assembly troubleshooting
Automated Precision Inc. is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. We are currently seeking to add Sales Engineers in Northwest, Southwest and Midwest regions.
Role: The Sales Engineer is part of the sales team in a defined area, responsible for technical and business requirements discovery, solution design/engineering/consulting, proposal preparation support and technical presentations to customers for API’s full suite of products and solutions.
Develop specific sales plans by account in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager establishing annual sales goals and budgets for the territory.
Become proficient using API equipment having the ability to demonstrate and promote key features and technical selling point at customer locations.
Become proficient in using API’s CRM and manage details of customer contacts within the system.
Develop a personal rapport with customers personnel and key decision makers in the customers organization. Map out the buying paths for each customer providing names, positions and contact information for each into the CRM.
Daily, call prospective buyers at commercial, industrial, or other establishments prospecting and qualifying accounts to visit and demonstrate equipment.
Provide day-to-day customer sales support in the respective territory. Provide product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions directly or where beyond technical capability, directing customer’s requests to the respective Headquarters support personnel.
Gain customers confidence by being able to explain and demonstrate how API equipment can provide process cost reductions and offer productivity improvements for their business.
Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain API’s products or services to existing and prospective customers.
Prepare and deliver customer quotations fulfilling specific customer requirements.
Preferred Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Related Science and a desire to connect with customers and help to sell API products and services.
Automated Precision Inc. is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At our Michigan Center in Plymouth, MI, we are currently seeking to add to the team a Systems Engineer.
As a Systems Engineer, your main responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Setting up demo systems, targets and fixtures for automatic robotic scanning solutions.
- Performing application testing of API products/solutions and providing detailed analytical reports to the product management group.
- Supporting sales teams by expert metrology product demonstrations (with Laser Trackers, Scanners, Portable CMMs, automated robotic measurement solutions, etc.) and technical discussions in API offices or at customers’ sites, with limited to no supervision.
- Reviewing customer projects for compatibility with existing API products and solutions.
- Performing engineering benchmark studies in the office and at the customer sites.
- Providing installations and training of automated inspection solutions for customer pilot projects.
- Helping to generate documents in the area of testing, installing, training and troubleshooting of API products and solutions.
- Learning and applying to integrate API technology with other equipment such as robots, CMMs, and PLCs.
- Representing API in a positive manner with all customers at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Experience working with robots, PLCs, scanners, and/or metrology products.
- Experience of working industrial manufacturing and/or quality management environment.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Assemblies, fixturing, tooling, industrial automation.
- Able to read and understand control, mechanical and electrical drawings and diagrams.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of GD&T preferred.
This position may require up to 50% travel and working at customer sites. Customer sites include work around industrial, mechanical and electrical equipment, as well as use of hand or power tools.
Ihr Aufgabengebiet wird sein:
- Durchführung von Messdienstleistung im Bereich der industriellen Messtechnik
- Durchführung von Hard- und Softwareschulungen
- Installation unserer Systeme beim Kunden und Betreuung bis zum erfolgreichen Projektabschluss
- Kundensupport bei messtechnischen und anwendungsspezifischen Fragen
- Vertriebsunterstützung bei Produktpräsentationen
- Testen von Software und Geräten
Folgende Qualifikationen sollten Sie mitbringen:
- eine abgeschlossene technische Ausbildung/Studium mit Schwerpunkt der dreidimensionalen Messtechnik (Vermessung, Maschinenbau oder vergleichbar)
- idealerweise Kenntnisse im Bereich Industrievermessung
- eine ausgeprägte Kundenorientierung
- eigenständiges Arbeiten
- sehr gute Englischkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift
Weltweit unterstützen Lösungen und Systeme von API Unternehmen in den wesentlichen Prozessen der 3D-Messtechnik und der produktionsbegleitenden Qualitätssicherung. Unsere Kunden nutzen unsere laserbasierten portablen Messsysteme für nahezu alle Bereiche der dimensionellen Messtechnik. API ́s Kunden finden sich insbesondere im Maschinen- und Fahrzeugbau, in der Luft- und Raumfahrtindustrie sowie in der Energietechnik und im Forschungsbereich.
Wenn Sie diese Stelle interessiert, bewerben Sie sich bitte mit aussagekräftigen Bewerbungsunterlagen und unter Angabe Ihres frühesten Eintrittstermins, vorzugsweise per Email. email@example.com