API is a great place to work. Just ask any of our employees. We are a privately held, family-owned company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a diverse, global team. We take pride in the products we make for our customers, many of which are industry leaders.
Full-time employees of API are eligible to receive a range of options for employer subsidized health insurance, vision and dental, as well as a 401(k) program, bonus pay and paid time off.
Click here to apply to any position with a resume and cover letter.
See below for current openings in API North America.
Ihr Aufgabengebiet wird sein:
- Durchführung von Messdienstleistung im Bereich der industriellen Messtechnik
- Durchführung von Hard- und Softwareschulungen
- Installation unserer Systeme beim Kunden und Betreuung bis zum erfolgreichen Projektabschluss
- Kundensupport bei messtechnischen und anwendungsspezifischen Fragen
- Vertriebsunterstützung bei Produktpräsentationen
- Testen von Software und Geräten
Folgende Qualifikationen sollten Sie mitbringen:
- eine abgeschlossene technische Ausbildung/Studium mit Schwerpunkt der dreidimensionalen Messtechnik (Vermessung, Maschinenbau oder vergleichbar)
- idealerweise Kenntnisse im Bereich Industrievermessung
- eine ausgeprägte Kundenorientierung
- eigenständiges Arbeiten
- sehr gute Englischkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift
Weltweit unterstützen Lösungen und Systeme von API Unternehmen in den wesentlichen Prozessen der 3D-Messtechnik und der produktionsbegleitenden Qualitätssicherung. Unsere Kunden nutzen unsere laserbasierten portablen Messsysteme für nahezu alle Bereiche der dimensionellen Messtechnik. API ́s Kunden finden sich insbesondere im Maschinen- und Fahrzeugbau, in der Luft- und Raumfahrtindustrie sowie in der Energietechnik und im Forschungsbereich.
Wenn Sie diese Stelle interessiert, bewerben Sie sich bitte mit aussagekräftigen Bewerbungsunterlagen und unter Angabe Ihres frühesten Eintrittstermins, vorzugsweise per Email. email@example.com
About the Job
Automated Precision Inc. (API) is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At the service center in Plymouth, MI we are currently seeking to add to the team an Inside Sales Representative.
Our Inside Sales Representative will aggressively prospect and develop accounts, generate sales quotes and handle customer inquiries. Your ability to break into new market initiatives through cold and warm calls while becoming technically knowledgeable about our highly technical products and solutions, support 5 Regional Sales Managers located throughout North America. Understanding of Metrology products is not required, This is an excellent entry to a sales career. Maintaining a CRM database and communicating with Regional Managers is required.
Recognition for your competitive drive for success
Empowerment and flexibility to manage your sales desk
Competitive base salary plus a quarterly bonus program
Industry leading benefits; pension, 401(k), medical/dental, PTO
Opportunities for career growth with an industry leader
Sense of urgency and the ability to make decisions and be responsible for them
Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions
Customer focused with proven abilities to provide world class customer service
Team player with ability to collaborate with internal and external customers
Comfortable and confident with cold calls and business development leads
Previous related experience a plus
Automated Precision Inc. innovates advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team are unmatched in its ability to create advanced instruments that meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. (www.apisensor.com). At the corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD we are currently seeking to add for a Software Engineer.
- Participate in the full life cycle of Metrology application and solution development.
- Working with product management team to refine requirements and to develop and implement solutions.
- Design software structure and workflow to best represent Metrology concept.
- Implement functions including but not limited to 3D measurement, 3D point cloud visualization, CAD visualization and alignment, point data selection, meshing, feature creation, data tree management.
- Create documentation and user guide to support product release and promotion.
- The development will involve WPF GUI, Socket/WCF, SQL Server, P/Invoke, C++/CLI,IPC,3D visualization library.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- 1+ year of C++ development experience. QT experience is a plus.
- 1+ year experience of relational databases, including SQL, DDL; hands-on experience with databases SQL Server, MySQL, etc.
- 2+ years of proven track record with .Net Development (C#), MVC, Visual Studio, Source control, e.g. SVN, APIs.
- 2+ years as a software developer, with strong knowledge of general algorithms, design patterns and good coding practices.
- Experience participating in all stages of project development cycle (planning, design, implementation and testing) is preferred.
- Experience with working on large-scale data-driven multi-tasking applications is preferred.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Apply attention to detail and application of standards and processes.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Self-Motivated with strong delivery focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, robotics, engineering or is preferred.
- Experience with 3D visualization library is strongly preferred. including but not limited to open source library like VTK, commercial library like Hoops.
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or closely related Engineering major
Software Development: 2 years
Automated Precision Inc. innovates advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team are unmatched un its ability to create advanced instruments that meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries (www.apisensor.com). At the corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD we are currently seeking to add for a Marketing Manager.
Role: Perform duties to provide Marketing and Sales support. Assist the design and technical writing of website, press releases, e-mail blasts, ad copy, and other marketing collateral. Brand experience in developing overall message and vision through a wide range of customer touches.
- Lead Marketing Department or segment in overall strategy and vision to design and write all sales collateral for very technical products. Develop yearly plan including budget for advertising, media, collateral, promotions, etc.
- Lead a Marketing team to effectively achieve goals
- Develop and execute trade show strategies to maximize return on investment
- Work with customers and major trade publications to develop user stories, articles, press releases, and new product launches providing ongoing customer touches that help close sales
- Develop and help execute e-mail blast marketing campaigns from start to finish based on current sales promotions
- Help write and design sales tools such as PowerPoint presentations, videos, webinars, brochures, and sales scripts explaining highly technical ideas in laymen’s terms
- Must demonstrate effective proof reading skills
- Must meet deadlines and prioritize and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Must be a team player who interacts at all employee levels from the board room to the factory floor
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations, as required or directed to maintain workflow and meet production schedules and requirements
- Maintain safe work areas and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain a level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies
- Make and distribute authorized modifications as required
- Develop and improve SEO/SEM strategy to improve website traffic and Google click-through rate
- Manage Marketing messaging and branding guidelines globally
- Write and create Case Studies based on customer’s technical applications
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree & 5+ years’ experience
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and be self-driven to manage tasks
- Knowledge of general marketing tactics, ad campaigns, and brand awareness strategies to help sharpen company message and drive sales.
- Comfortable with computers and general aptitude with technology and technical writing
- Excellent communications skills written and oral
- Familiarity with graphic arts programs such as Illustrator, In Design or Photoshop
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Some Familiarity with web editing programs helpful
- Some Familiarity with video editing programs like Adobe Premier, Final Cut, After Effects etc. helpful
- Experience with Marketing automation systems (Marketo, Act-On, etc.)
- Familiarity with CRM Systems and customer touch points throughout sales process
Automated Precision Inc. is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At the corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD we are currently seeking to add to the team a
Robotics Modelling Engineer
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast paced, creative environment. Join the team of mechanical engineer of precision metrology instruments, who research product ideas, develop concepts and take products from initial design, including mechanical design, calibration method development, prototyping, through production and post production support. The ideal candidate will develop sensor calibration method and system kinematics modeling for system calibration to ensure the accuracy of the designed products, and conduct system accuracy test. The engineer will work closely with engineers from electronics, optics, software and other R&D groups.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong Math Skills. Familiarity with 3D Geometry and Coordinate Transformation
- Familiarity with system Kinematics Modeling
- Familiarity with Matlab coding
- Familiar with C++ coding
- Experienced in using SolidWorks and AutoCAD for Mechanical Design is a plus
- Understanding with Sensor Calibration is a plus
- At least MS. Degree in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering or closely related Engineering major
- Hands-on experience in precision instrument or test and measurement industry is a plus