API offers top quality inspection and alignment services. Our first article inspections allow the customers to have a firsthand look at parts being fabricated from CAD models or drawings. Whether it is inter-company manufactured parts or materials from an outsourced vendor, the 3D measurement data from our scanners and PCMMs offers a comprehensive definition of the physical object being measured. The data can be used for inspection, comparison and reporting. We can deliver 3D color maps, first article inspection reports or 3D models for computer simulation and analysis programs.
Proper alignment on components can lead to longer machine life and high quality manufactured parts. Our qualified staff has almost 100 combined years of inspection and alignment experience. From turbine generators to radars or aircraft catapults to paper machines, API has the staff and equipment you need to provide high quality first article inspection and alignment services to meet your goals.
- Precision inspection services of your part to CAD or Drawings
- First Article Inspection
- Inspection and testing of vendor components to the SAE AS9102 Aerospace Standard.
- Component inspection and alignment – Various components at your facility (i.e. pumps, motors, turbines and generators) can be accurately inspected and aligned to your specifications with our precision measurement systems.
Gas, Steam, Hydro, & Wind Turbine Alignment and Inspection
API offers gas, steam, hydro, nuclear and wind turbine alignment, technology leadership and alignment consulting services on a global scale, as well as a wide range of services to utilities, independent power producers and private sector enterprises. As a leading provider of precision measurement services for power generation companies and turbo-machinery, API has the professional experience to efficiently adapt to the challenges that are unique to your operation. In the shop or in the field, our goal is to minimize the overall downtime of the outage or rebuild project through the integration of laser tracker technology. Our ability to utilize the capabilities of the laser tracker combined with our experience in turbine alignment applications is what differentiates this inspection process and company from its predecessors and competitors.
On both planned and emergency call outs, API has the professional network in place to respond to your immediate needs. Our project managers and measurement technicians operate with support from centralized engineering and technical resources to meet your operational requirements. We deliver value-added metrology solutions intended to improve the performance and reliability of the overall inspection and turbine alignment process. Our measurement professionals have extensive experience in the alignment and inspection of both small, aero-derivative and heavy industrial gas turbines, steam, hydro, nuclear and wind turbines and components, reciprocating machinery, boiler feed pumps, gearboxes, motors and compressors.
Gas Turbine Alignment
Bore Alignment Inspection
- Tops-On 2 bearing multiple station inspection
- GE Frame 5
- Tops-On 3 bearing multiple station inspection
- GE Frame 7
Steam Turbine Alignment
- Bore Alignment Inspection (Steam Path)
- Tops-Off multiple station inspection
- LP inspections
- HP inspections
- IP inspections
- Main oil pump
- Oil bores
- Gland bore
- Dummy rings
- Nozzle chamber
- Blade rings/diaphragm
- Coupling Alignment
- Eliminate rim and face checks with dial indicators
- Not necessary to rotate shaft
- Thermal Growth Inspections
- Squat check/Load check
- Individual component inspection/location & re-locations
- Boiler feed pumps
Hydro Turbine Alignment
- Vertical hydro inspection
- Bore inspection
- Stator inspection
- Outer head cover
- Discharge/bottom/stay/slip ring inspections
- Core axis
Wind Turbine Alignment
- Generator & gearbox shaft alignment
- Co-linear inspections
- Mounting frame inspections
- Pre-commissioning alignment checks
- Annual/semi-annual alignment inspections